Important information relating to your visit to the Orthodontist during The COVID 19 Pandemic
We are delighted that we are able to welcome you back to our practice and we want to reassure you that we always remain committed to your safety.
However, whilst there is always a risk given the circumstances COVID-19 imposes, we aim to significantly reduce this risk by taking all possible precautions.
Therefore, we need to inform you of changes we have implemented to your visit to the practice to reduce this risk to you, your families and to our staff from the spread of infection.
Before coming to see us
- At this stage of the pandemic it is still desirable that only the patient will be allowed into the practice, this is to reduce interaction and prevent overcrowding in the waiting rooms. If you have a reason that you need to enter the practice with your child please contact us in advance of the appointment.
- Please brush your teeth and wash your hands at home prior to the appointment.
- If you have a removable appliance or retainers, please ensure that you clean and brush them thoroughly prior to your appointment.
- Please arrive 5 minutes prior to your appointment time to allow for screening. We will regrettably have to reschedule any late arrivals due to the strict COVID-19 measures needed to ensure your safety.
- Your orthodontist may need to take a radiograph at the appointment. Please remove all jewellery or piercings in the head and neck region prior to the appointment.
- Please inform us if you think you are (or your child) in a higher risk group to allow us to make changes to reduce the risk.
- You may want to bring a bottle of water with you to use after the appointment. (Please keep it in the car). Due to COVID- 19 restrictions, we will not be able to provide mouth rinsing in the surgery.
Upon arrival to the practice
- Please announce yourself at reception observing the social distancing guidelines.
- The Patient (and their guardian, if essential – please see above), will be asked to clean their hands for 20 seconds upon entering the practice/department using a sanitising hand gel.
- Patients (and their guardians if present) must have their face coverings with them upon entering the practice.
- You will then be asked to take a seat in the waiting room. The waiting rooms have been rearranged to observe social distancing.
During the appointment
- The clinician will always wear a mask, face shield, gloves, and a disposable apron in the surgery in order to protect you and themselves from the transmission of Coronavirus.
- We may have to limit certain types of procedures due to the pandemic. Your clinician will explain to you if this is the case.
- We will schedule your next appointment.
After your appointment
- We will allow more time between patients to reduce the traffic of people in the practice and allow ourselves more time to achieve the highest standards of cleaning the surgeries between patients.
- Any payments will be made before or after the appointment by phone to reduce the interaction and risk of transmission at reception.
Please also note that for your safety
- There will be no toilet facilities at the practice during the pandemic to reduce the risk of transmission.
Many thanks for your patience and understanding.
Ready to transform your smile?
How to find us
Use the map below to find us if you are arriving by car, train or bus.
There is paid parking available in the adjacent car park on Victoria Road/Caroline Street car park.
Get in touch
4 Victoria Rd, Shipley BD18 3LA